I bought a pair of Salomon S-lab Sense 6 this summer. I was looking for a lightweight trail running shoe with a low drop and good grip. I’m a big fan of Emelie Forsberg and I had seen many pictures of her wearing the Salomon S-lab Sense 6 model. So I decided to give them a go.
When I first tried on my new pair of Salomon S-lab Sense 6 I loved how snuggly they fit. On my first training run with the Salomon S-lab Sense 6 I was super impressed with how lightweight the shoes were. I felt like I was flying! What I find really impressive is that despite being lightweight the shoes still provided really good stability on rough offroad trails. And the traction is excellent.
I have worn my Salomon S-lab Sense 6 on many mountain races, hikes and trail runs and I love them! They are perfect if you are looking for a lightweight shoe to use on variable terrain. I would say that the only drawback is the price. The Salomon S-lab Sense 6 shoes are quite a bit pricier than other trail running shoes.
Salomon S-lab Sense 6 Review: Specifications
- Weight: 220 grams
- Stack Height 18mm/14mm (4mm drop)
- Color: red and white (only one color scheme available)
Salomon S-lab Sense 6 Review: Top Features
- Rubber nubs on outsole – these provide really good grip in rough and inclined terrain.
- Outsole made from Wet Traction Contragrip material – providing excellent traction on wet and slippery trails.
- Low heel drop – the Salomon S-lab Sense 6 have a 4mm heel-to-toe drop. This favours a neutral running stride with little bit of heel support.
- Low weight – the Salomon S-lab Sense 6 are significantly lighter than most other trail running shoes.
- Internal bootie – provides a really snug fit.
- Quicklace system and lace pocket – makes it super fast to do up your shoes. This system also prevents your laces from coming undone during your run. Watch the video below for a demonstration of the Quicklace system by Salomon’s Trail Running Product Line Manager.
Salomon S-lab Sense 6 Review: Who It’s For
The Salomon S-lab Sense 6 was designed with speed and performance in mind. So this model is perfect if you are looking for a high quality, lightweight trail running shoe for fast running in rough and variable terrain.
However, if you are looking for a shoe with a lot of cushion and support a heavier model would probably be more suitable.